Monday, February 19, 2007

Be careful what you wish for

I'm a girl, and like many girls I like to keep in touch and read about the latest trends out there in the world of fashion. I like designer clothes, jewelry and oh the shoes!? wow, don't even get me started on shoes OR bags! I love love love bags, one thing you can never get enough or have too much of!
Ok, I'm starting to lose focus, somehow all this was going to lead me in the direction of celebrities. That's what I wanted to focus on today's blog. Fashion and celebrities go hand in hand, because celebrities can afford to wear really expensive (but oh so gorgious) clothes (so why do they get freebies?!) and because their every move is being documented (paparazi) and we buy these shitty magazines to see what J.Lo or Victoria Beckham is wearing (because they're "trendsetters" and "fashion icons").
Speaking of Mrs Beckham (notice the smooth transition), I've never really been a fan of her and David's (he's soo overestimated as a football player, or soccer as the americans say). I believe they're overexposed, and to some extend brought that on themselves, but for some reason they make tabloids no matter what they do, or do not do! They're huge and now they're huge in the land of the free, USA! They're used to it I think (well they should be by now anyway), and I don't feel sorry for them...but what I saw today really broke my heart. I saw this today and I felt it. I felt probably what Victoria felt at that time (I know, she felt it times 100), but I was saddened and angry at the same time. Why couldn't they just take a few pictures and then leave them alone? They're kids, he got scared and they don't deserve that. It was frickin Disneyland, they should've been all smiley and having fun, and not be scared off by a dozen of greedy men with big lenses! Can you imagine what this could do to a kid?!
So Mrs Beckham, I admire you at times (like these) and the fact that you probably have to go through this every day must be horrible. I don't care how many millions and billions of dollars you have, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes cause if I were, I'd probably do what Britney did and go nuts.



mzS

No comments: