Monday, June 18, 2007

What a perfect day...Barcelona pt 2

Usually I hate Sundays, because that means that Monday comes next and
I hate Mondays the most.

Yesterday I woke up with a hangover, and I don't think I've ever had a hangover
in my life. I discovered that the drinks here in Barcelona are way stronger
than the ones in Sweden. I was already semi-drunk after just one drink, and that's
saying something (or maybe I'm too weak).
We went to a great little pub/bar called Toscana where they made these deadly
strong drinks. On our way home we stopped by another bar where they had live music.
One guy with his guitar singing spanish tunes into his microphone and the entire
crowd were his backup singers. The atmosphere was like nothing I've seen so far.
My next move? To learn spanish songs and go to that bar and sing my lungs out!

Anyway, that was Saturday.

Yesterday was Sunday, and I woke up feeling not quite like myself and since me
and Sundays havn't been the best of friends before, I thought I might just grab
a cup of coffee and not do anything worth mentioning.
BUT, lucky for me, I'm surrounded by great people here and they wouldn't let me
sit at home all by my lonesome with my headache as my only company, so they took
me out on an adventure.
What an adventure it was!

First off, we met up with two crazy spanish guys who were so funny that they made my
headache go away.
After we ate and drank (water) we (or rather they) decided to go to the pier by
the beach in Barceloneta with a small picknick and just consume the view of the sea.
They didn't mention however, that in order to get to this great place we had to climb, leap and put our lives at risk. The pier is full of these huge cement blocks
and it was a bit scary at times, but apparently I made it out alive, my jeans and shirt didn't however.
It was worth it, the view was great and the picknick, consisted of bear and wine, never tasted as good.

Three hours and two hundred pictures later, it was time to watch the football game,
le grand finale. It would either be Barcelona or Real Madrid who would be crowned the winners. (Of course I had faith in Barca). My friend here told me that she wished they would win because I just had to see the party take place afterwards. Thousands and thousands of people in fountains, on the street, singing, dancing...you can imagine.
How it ended?
Well, let's just say that most people went home with their heads held down and some even in tears.
But what a farewell present for Beckham, winning the Spanish major league and leaving Spain for his new adventure, USA, like this.

Overall, I think it was the best sunday in my life, so far. Again very spontanious which sometimes (most times) work out for the best.

NB! I still hate Mondays though.


Top 3 things I like about Barcelona right now:

1. Toscana (the bar/pub)
2. How people say hello here, with a kiss on each cheak.
3. The pier

Top 3 things I don't like as much:

1. Real Madrid
2. The traffic
3. The service, it takes forever before you get what you've ordered


/MzS

No comments: