Sunday, July 1, 2007

Obsession

So, I've been here in Barcelona for almost three weeks now, and I'm starting to see a patern when it comes to the chicos here in Spain.

First of all, it's hard to meet someone who speaks english, or maybe they do but are too ashamed to speak since they don't know it very well( I can relate since my castellano isn't all there yet).

It isn't difficult to meet someone here, it took me barely one week to get a date. In Sweden it could take forever.

On Friday me and my friend went to Toscana (the bar). We saw two guys standing on the other side of the bar and we were arguing wheather or not they were gay. They caught us looking at them and from there on it took five minutes until one of them came over (and he wasn't even drunk). Luckily for me, he spoke some english.

His next move? He asked for my phonenumber. Since I don't have a spanish number just yet, my friend gave him hers. Then they left.

Did he call? Yes, he did, at 5 AM!!!!
He called again yesterday, not only once not twice but four times!
In Sweden, when a guy asks for your number he usually waits three days until he calls. Some kind of "rule" that everyone there lives by.
But not here. They call you instantly and several times a day.

He ended up coming to a party I was invited to, and he was nice and all, but too intense like most guys I've met here so far.
I feel a little bit bad when I left the party without saying goodbye, but he´ll probably get over it!

Maybe I'm too much of a Swede (we're known for being "cold" and "reserved") or maybe I'm still just adjusting to the lifestile here?! Am I wrong for reacting the way I did? He seemed too stalker-ish..but I could be wrong.

I don't know, but when someone is that obsessed after just having met for five minutes, I can't, and don't, want to imagine what he'll be like further down the line. It's just a litte bit too much, too fast!


MzS

No comments: