Monday, January 15, 2007

Have you ever cried on a bus?

The other day, when I was sitting on the bus, on my way home after work, I started to cry. It's true, I was listening to my ipod, like I always do, but this time I totally fell apart. I don't if it had to do with the sullen landscapes, or that it's just january.. maybe I was feeling a bit too sensitive with my period coming up and all. I don't know, but it felt so good to shed a few tears. And no one turned around. People on the bus are so busy with their own thoughts, their personal issues. Nobody cares about the other passengers, we are too self-absorbed and if we would see another person cry, we would pretend not noticing it. Human nature, why worry about other people, when you can worry about yourself?

2007, how is this year going to be different from the other ones? I wonder. Have you made any new year's resolutions? I have a good one. I'm determined to go out, on my own, to a pub, and order a beer. By myself. All alone. I mean, we see it all the time on tv, people going out by themselves, mostly men, but why don't women do it too? Could it be that we are prejudice when we see a woman sit on a pub alone, is it a sign of desperation? We would probably make up all these stories about why this stranger sits on a pub, all by herself, the stories would never end. She has had her heart broken, she walked in while her man was unfaithful, she has an illness, or she has just lost her job.. the stories would never end. I say, let them talk! I'm going to do it, go to a place, sit down and have a beer. Alone. And 2007 is the year to do it.

Quoting one of my favorite artists:
Pain throws your heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
No it won't all go the way it should
But I know the heart of life is good.
John Mayer
MzI

No comments: