Thursday, January 11, 2007

To be or not to be?

As my dear friend pointed out earlier I am somewhat of a believer in fate. I do believe that some things are meant to be BUT I do not wake up each morning and let my horoscope dictate my life. I'm not that naive. Nor do I believe in the stars to "guide" us through our life. I do believe that we make our own choices, and that thru those choices we find our destiny. And why can't it be a little bit of everything? Why can't things be explained by saying that it had something to do with luck, a lot to do with choices and a little bit of destiny? Does that make any sense?

However, all things cannot be explained or even rationalized (this is what she's been dreaming of ), and that's when fate (or destiny if you like) kicks in. Simple things like: if my alarmclock had worked that day, I would've never overslept and been late for work BUT I would've never met the stranger, who turned out to be the man in my life either!
And no, that doesn't just happen in the movies (I think).

I'm going to end this with a quotation, I like quotes because they always seem so wise and interesting and the last thing a person reads is usually the one thing they remember.

"Our destiny exercises its influence over us even when, as yet, we have not learned its nature: it is our future that lays down the law of our today"

-Friedrich Nietzsche


mzS

No comments: